It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:31 am 

I'm sure we've all had one of those annoying tears at the side of our nail that snags on everything? I used to get so annoyed by this that I I filled the nail down to the tear or I put a bandaid on my finger which looked pretty bad.  

I no longer file or clip my nails in such a case - I use silk wraps.  You can buy the silk wraps at the drugstore. You cut out a little piece to cover up the tear and then add a layer of brush on glue and buff before each new mani so that there is not a thick blob of glue on the nail. I paint over it with nail polish and it looks fine. The only thing is you will probably have to change the little wrap quite often if you will use acetone. I change it every 4 days but I think it is totally worth the snag-free nail life .

If you can't find the wraps in a store, you can use a tea bag. Cut the tea bag open, empty out the tea and voila - instant silk wrap.

Here is a blog entry on this subject:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:44 am 

Another blogger happy with silk wraps. She also did a amazing tutorial and she has some pics that show exactly how far her nails have gotten with the help of silk wraps:

http://mysimplelittlepleasures.blogspot.com/search/label/Naked%20Nails