It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Best Base Coat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:12 pm 

I haven't heard of this before. I'll see if I can track it down online. My mum's nails are HORRIBLE right now (she completelly stopped taking care of them while I was pregnant ) and I'm desperatelly looking for something that'll fix them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 am 

I really like the basecoat from Essie. It dries superfast. I got the one for dry, brittle nails called "feed me"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:24 pm 

Naturally, my nails are very peely and don't grow very well. I actually thought I was allergic to nail polish too, because my nails were always in such bad shape after being painted.

I tried a few basic drugstore base coats, and then for a long time I did a little better with OPI Nail Envy.....

I was in Sally's one day and overheard a lady asking for this stuff that made your natural nail's super strong, almost like acrylic....

It's called Salon Science Instant Artificials !!! OMG - the best ever. My nails have been growing out of control, never split or peel anymore. I do one coat underneath polish if I only want to wear a few days, and two coats as base if I really need nails to strengthen up.

And if I really want my manicure to last, I'll put on one coat of that, then a coat of Orly Bonder, then two coats of polish, and one coat of Deborah Lippman's Addicted to Speed top coat. With this, I swear my mani lasts 7-10 days. Actually, I get bored with the color and end up changing it before it ever even start to chip....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:45 pm 

Dude.... 7-10 days - that's CRAZY!!! I cry tears of joy if I have no chips by the end of day two!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:16 pm 

Lola wrote:
Dude.... 7-10 days - that's CRAZY!!! I cry tears of joy if I have no chips by the end of day two!

I know, right??!! MAYBE I'll get a little typewriter rub-off along the edges, but no chips. It's wonderful