It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Best top coat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 pm 

I really love Misa's "TopTopper" which is a fast drying topcoat (90 seconds) and works great for me.

I also like W.I.C. (Herome)'s topcoat, but it's best used with w.i.c. only. I tested it for dryness a few times and by mistake pulled all layers of nailpolish straith off... which wasn't w.i.c but another brand. Since then I use this for the w.i.c. polishes I have only.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:34 pm 

My absolute favorite top coat is Deborah Lippmann's Addicted to Speed fast dry top coat. I use it just a few minutes after I apply polish, and it dries immediately. High shine and very protective.

Yes, it is more expensive and I have to order it onliine, but I am very OCD about getting nicks in my fresh polish. I never have to worry, I can go to bed soon after it dries and don't have to worry about bed marks the next morning.

I recently tried Seche Vite after I heard lots of raves, but I gotta tell ya, although I guess it felt dry, it didn't really feel good and solid until much later on .... I'm sure I'll give it another try, since it would be more affordable and easier to find locally. I'm also going to try an Orly fast dry top coat, maybe an OPI too. Haven't experimented with those.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 pm 

New here! But I swear by Sally Hansen Mega Shine. Not only does it "shine" but it dries super fast and puts a protective hard shell over all the layers of polish that I put on. I find I end up with at least three coats of color before I'm satisfied. This top coat keeps it all from going to crap :)