It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Black board of shame
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 am 

Okay, let's mention the dark side of ebay: when you buy there, you cannot know, what the experience will be like. So after few quite good transactions I bought (in bulk, I am ashamed to admit) some cheap cheap nail polishes, that were EXTREMELY expensive to ship to Europe (and since then I saw, that this is one of the usual scams on ebay) and because I had to pay 120 dollars for shipping, our customs office became suspicious and added another 27 euros to the already costly transaction. All in all, I'm pretty bitter about it, so here it goes....a tip for all of you ladies:

1) BEFORE BIDDING ON EBAY, CHECK THE SHIPPING COSTS!
2) ASK THE SELLER, HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST TO SHIP FEW MORE ARTICLES! DO NOT BID BEFORE THAT!!
3) WAIT WITH THE BIDDING UNTIL IT IS ALMOST OVER  - you'll see, that it is really worth it!
4) BEWARE THAT EVEN IF THE SELLER SAYS "SHIPPING IS COSTLY, BUT STILL IT IS A BARGAIN", YOUR CUSTOMS WILL BE SUSPICIOUS!

and last, but not least: 5) TAKE THE TIME TO READ ALL THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE SELLER, ESPECIALLY THE BAD ONES. it gives you a glimpse of the trouble yet to come :)

thank you for reading this: and even if you are thinking to yourself right now "this is SO lame, I knew that before", I thought it would be beneficial to really sum up every advice I have. To put it into your subconsciousness

many good buys to you all!

Post subject: Re: Black board of shame
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:01 am 

Thanks for this!

I'm always so paranoid when I order my nail polishes on Ebay. I keep thinking they will either get held hostage by the customs or the bottles will break or I'll never get them and some Ebay bugger will take my money.... Unfortunately, living in a "where L'Oreal comes to die" country I am a very (very ) frequent Ebay (ab)user so hearing stuff like this keeps me on my toes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:27 am 

My two cents...

Use the "compare" option offered by eBay carefully!  It appeared to me that the compare option only takes into account the price of the object, not the S&H!

I noticed that when comparing buyers offering the same exact product(image plates).  Even though one "seller" had the price of the item cheaper, the shipping made it more expensive than a competitors offer of the exact same item.  Example:  "Competitor A" item was cheaper, but the S&H made the complete cost more expensive than "Competitor B" whose item listed more expensive but S&H costs were lower (thus complete cost was lowest!).

So, get out your calculator and do the math yourself!  I found a better deal this way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:27 pm 

Lola wrote:
Thanks for this!

I'm always so paranoid when I order my nail polishes on Ebay. I keep thinking they will either get held hostage by the customs or the bottles will break or I'll never get them and some Ebay bugger will take my money.... Unfortunately, living in a "where L'Oreal comes to die" country I am a very (very ) frequent Ebay (ab)user so hearing stuff like this keeps me on my toes.

For China Glaze polishes, I use "1billy1" based out of California, USA.
She has discontinued polishes (ex. holographics).
Quick delivery and packaged well.   Some S&H was refunded back to my Paypal when the shipping was less than posted on eBay.
Just don't buy the polishes I want, Okay?